The Best Corn Maze in the Country is in Maine
Editor's note: This article was written by a Townsquare Media Northern New England contributor and may contain the individual's views, opinions, or personal experiences.
How it's not number voted one every year is a mystery!
Treworgy Family Orchard in Levant, Maine has been nominated for the past five years for the USA Today's Best Corn Maze. They have been edged out and come in second place for years. Except 2022 was their year and they came in first! How could they not with this amazing design of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet?
Here is the maze from Devine's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Kentucky. This is the farm that beat out Treworgy last year and often wins this competition.
I mean it's good and all, but it's got nothing on Treworgy's! The USA Today best of is based on votes, so Treworgy knows it was a collective effort of fans of this amazing farm that pushed them into first place. Here are the USA Today's Best Corn Maze results.
- Treworgy Family Orchards - Levant, Maine
- Devine's Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch - Harrodsburg, Kentucky
- Cherry Crest Adventure Farm - Ronks, Pennsylvania
- Davis Mega Maze - Sterling, Massachusetts
- Denver Downs Farm - Anderson, South Carolina
- Great Vermont Corn Maze - Danville, Vermont
- Exploration Acres - Lafayette, Indiana
- Cool Patch Pumpkins - Dixon, California
- Maze Craze - New Springfield, Ohio
- Cornbelly's - Lehi, Utah
What makes this win even sweeter is how this farm goes about creating the maze. The orchard's co-owner Jon Kennerson told News Center Maine,
We still use old-fashioned surveying technology to do everything, and it's all drawn by hand, laid out by hand, spray painted on the ground by hand; it's all old school.
You go Treworgy Family Orchards! Your corn mazes are fantastic and some little ol' Kentucky pumpkin patch ain't got nothing on you!