Fright at the Fort Returns to Fort Knox in Maine for October 2022 Scares
Editor's note: This article was written by a Townsquare Media Northern New England contributor and may contain the individual's views, opinions, or personal experiences.
Fort Knox is a historic site located in Prospect, Maine. You are able to visit Fort Knox during the months of May thru October (31st), but be warned, Fort Knox is rumored to be haunted. Yup, you read that right...haunted. Not only can you visit during the day, but there are specific dates in which ghost hunts are conducted at night that you are able to attend.
Well, another experience is coming back to Fort Knox for the 2022 season. During the month of October, Fort Knox will be home to Fright at the Fort. Imagine walking around this haunted historical site with the intention of being scared.
Imagine a giant haunted house, well, that is exactly what Fort Knox will become. According to their Facebook, the return of Fright at the Fort is set to open on October 15th.
Fright at the Fort will run on October 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th. The event will have specific times at which you can attend. You can choose to enter from 5:20-6:20 pm, 6:30-7:30 pm, or 7:30-8:30 pm.
If you are planning on attending this year's haunt, here are some things that you need to know before you go:
- Tickets can only be purchased online, you cannot buy tickets at the door
- Your ticket will be for a specific time that day (you will select the hour time frame that you would like only you select the date that you would like to go)
- Ticket sales for each night will end at 4:30 pm that night
- The event is held in the Fort, which is not wheelchair accessible
- The haunt may be too scary for children, but they do have other activities that children can enjoy
You can find more information and tickets here.