Seacoast Winter Storm Starts Early Friday
The latest winter storm is right on track for the Seacoast, with heavy snow expected to start falling in the early hours of Friday and parking bans to continue into Saturday.
A Winter Storm Warning will be in effect starting at 1 a.m. Friday. Around 8-12 inches of snow is expected to fall across the entire Seacoast when the snow winds up, according to the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
Both the morning and afternoon commutes will be impacted by the snow, which will cause low visibility and snow-covered roads.
Precipitation will stay all snow for the duration of the storm, and could fall at the rate of an inch an hour at times during the daylight hours on Friday.
Many Seacoast towns will put parking bans into effect to clear the streets and sidewalks.
Watch Where You Park to Start the Weekend
- Dover: A citywide parking ban will be in effect Friday beginning at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Feb. 26 at 6 a.m. The ban will be in effect downtown from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Saturday.
- Exeter: A snow emergency parking ban is in effect Friday morning at 6 a.m. until Satruday morning at 6 a.m.
- Kingston: Waste Management has suspended trash pickup operations for Friday. Trash will be collected on Saturday.
- Newburyport: A street parking ban takes effect at 11:59 p.m.
- Portsmouth: All Friday trash collection have been moved to Saturday. The Recycling Center will be closed on Friday