Memorial Day 2022 Ceremonies & Parades, NH, MA, and ME Seacoast
Many Seacoast communities will take time to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country during the Memorial Day weekend with parades and ceremonies.
New Hampshire traditionally celebrates Memorial Day on the last Monday in May, regardless of when the federal holiday falls. This year, both fall on the same day.
Here is a list of events scheduled for the Seacoast region. Let us know about an event by sending an email to reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com
- Monday: Amesbury VFW Post 2016 and the Amesbury Veterans Services Office will host wreath laying ceremonies at Alliance Park, Union Cemetery, the Doughboy and Justin Memorial, and the Polish Memorial beginning at 7:30 a.m.. A formal ceremony will follow at Landry Stadium at 10 a.m..
- Monday: Remembrance ceremony at Memorial Park at 10 a.m..
- Monday: Ceremony at Pine Hill Cemetery beginning at 11 a.m., hosted by Dover's Woodman Museum.
- Monday: Ceremony at Swasey Parkway at 10 a.m. and a parade from Swasey to Gale Park, where a second ceremony will be held.
- Sunday: CANCELED Fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. on the beach between B and C Streets.
- Monday: American Legion Post #35 hosts their ceremony at the Marine Memorial at 8 a.m.. The parade steps off at 11:30 a.m. followed by a ceremony at the High Street Cemetery at 11:30 a.m..
- Monday: American Legion Post #35 hosts their ceremony at Weare Common at 9 a.m..
- Saturday: Kittery/Eliot VFW Post 9394 hosts a ceremony at the Orchard Grove Cemetery beginning at 9:30 a.m..
- Monday: Ceremony begins at 11 a.m. at City Hall.
- Monday: Parade steps off at 10 a.m. from the Citizens Bank parking lot on Route 1, followed by a ceremony in front of the Town Clerk office.
- Monday: Parade steps off at the corner of Junkins Avenue and Parrott Avenue at 1 p.m..
- Monday: Parade steps off at 10 a.m. rain or shine at Argo on Route 27, followed by a ceremony at the Town Common.
- Monday: Parade starts at 1:30 p.m. on Jack Rabbit Lane, followed by a ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Garden at Stratham Hill Park at 1:45 p.m..
- Monday: Parade begins at 9 a.m., followed by a ceremony at Ocean View Cemetery.
- Monday: Parade begins at 10 a.m. starting at St. Christopher's Church, followed by a ceremony in the green behind the town hall.