Get Outside With Portsmouth’s Art ‘Round Town Gallery Walk
Even amid the uncertainty we face during a pandemic, one thing remains sure: the power of art to move us. Creative works often offer inspiration and insight. How fortunate to be able to participate in the long-standing tradition (monthly and throughout the years) of First Fridays!
For those whom are unfamiliar, this is an opportunity to explore the wide variety of galleries our fair city of Portsmouth has to offer, for free! Explore the unique alleyways and preserved cobblestone walkways while you wander from one delightful display to another. There will be a range of mediums and subjects available - spanning from classic to contemporary works.
Local New England artists are featured as well as national and international notable artisans. If you’re seeking a special gift for a certain someone come Valentine’s Day, this might prove a worthy venture to find that perfect present! Not only does this stimulate the local economy, but it also provides one-of-a-kind treasures for those you love - including yourself! If nothing else, this walk should energize the spirit as a reminder of the creative current always flowing in us.
The Art ‘Round Town Gallery Walk will take place Friday, February 5 from 5-8 p.m.
For additional and updated information, please visit this link.
Featured galleries include:
- Ceres Gallery, 23 Ceres Street, 603-294-0657, ceresgallery.net
- Dennis Perrin Fine Art Gallery, 123 Daniel Street, 603-205-0425, dennisperrinfineart.com
- Diane Crespo Fine Art Gallery, 40 Pleasant Street, Suite 202, 603-493-1677, dianecrespofineart.com
- Discover Portsmouth, 10 Middle Street, 603-436-8433, portsmouthhistory.org
- Gallery At 3S Artspace, 319 Vaughan Street, 978-766-3330, 3sarts.org
- G Willikers!, 13 Market Street, 603-436-7746, gwillikers.com
- Historic New England/Governor John Langdon House, 143 Pleasant Street, 603-436-3205, historicnewengland.org
- Jay Schadler Studio, 82 Fleet Street, 603-531-9998, jayschadler.com
- Kennedy Gallery and Custom Framing, 41 Market Street, 603-436-7007, kennedygalleryandframing.com
- The Art Gallery at Labelle Winery, 104 Congress Street, 603-319-8035, labellewinerynh.com
- Nahcotta, 110 Congress Street, 603-433-1705, nahcotta.com
- Nancy Morgan Art, 238 State Street, 603-427-8611, nancymorganart.com
- New Hampshire Art Association/Robert Lincoln Levy Gallery, 136 State Street, 603-431-4230, nhartassociation.org
- Piscataqua Fine Arts Studio and Gallery, 123 Market Street, 603-436-7278, dongorvettgallery.com/
- Portsmouth Athenæum/Randall Gallery, 6-8 Market Square, 603-431-2538, portsmouthathenaeum.org
- Studio 51 Ceres, 51 Ceres Street, 917-822-3748, studio51ceres.com
- Todd Bonita Gallery, 39 Ceres Street, 603-819-9100, toddbonitagallery.com
- Valerine's Gallery, 117 Market Street, 603-766-3737, valeriesgalleries.com