Potential COVID-19 Exposure Identified at Hampton Restaurant
Potential community exposures related to a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 have been identified at 401 Tavern in Hampton, the state announced Saturday.
The announcement said windows of possible exposure took place on the evenings of October 23 and 24. The announcement comes on the same day New Hampshire health officials reported 230 new cases of coronavirus in the state, bringing the active total to 1,772 cases as of Saturday.
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said it had already conducted contact tracing related to the event and was in the process of notifying known affecting parties at the time of the announcement. Still, DHHS made clear in the announcement that "there may be additional individuals at the location during those days who were exposed to the coronavirus and should monitor for symptoms and get tested."
COVID-19 has forced the closures of several restaurants and businesses throughout the Seacoast region in recent days, including multiple spots in both Portsmouth and Dover, among others.