Powerball Jackpot 10th Largest in Game’s History for Saturday
Will you be the Seacoast's next Powerball jackpot winner?
There have been 11 Powerball jackpot winning tickets (plus a MegaMillions jackpot) sold in New Hampshire since Powerball first became available in 1995 including three on the Seacoast.
Saturday's Powerball jackpot is up to an annuity value of $635 million ($450 million cash). It's the 6th largest in Powerball history and the 10th largest in U.S. lottery history. The jackpot already increased once since the last drawing on Wednesday because of increased sales and could yet again before the drawing at 11 p.m. on Saturday night.
"Last week’s Powerball ticket sales here in New Hampshire topped $1.4 million and with the three higher jackpots this past week – Monday, Wednesday and tonight – ticket sales will be even higher," NH Lottery spokeswoman Maura McCann told Seacoast Current. "with the $635 million jackpot up for grabs, ticket sales will be very brisk this afternoon into early evening. Good luck New Hampshire!"
The 11 Powerball winners from New Hampshire, according to the NH Lottery:
- 1st Jackpot Winner: Dean Leighton of Chester, New Hampshire won $51 million (Annuity Option) on March 30, 1996. Ticket sold at Sandy’s Variety in Manchester
- 2nd Jackpot Winner: Mary and Jason Sanderson of Manchester, New Hampshire who won $66 million (Annuity Option) on December 17, 1997. Ticket sold at N-N Express in Manchester
- 3rd Jackpot Winner: PB 10 and PB 90 Trust of Lewiston, Maine who won $25 million (Annuity Option) on January 7, 1998. Ticket sold at Stateline Store Center Conway
- 4th Jackpot Winner: Sidonia Trust of New York, New York who won $38 Million (Cash Option) on January 16, 1999. Ticket sold at Isinglass Country Store in Center Strafford
- 5th Jackpot Winner: Pat and Erwin Wales of Bar Mills, Maine who won $41.4 million (Cash Option) on August 27, 2001. Ticket sold at Cumberland Farms in Rollinsford
- 6th Jackpot Winner: Nicholas and Carolyn Zayka of Bolton, Massachusetts who won $42.9 million (Cash Option) on May 12, 2002. Ticket sold at P. K. Zylas Texaco – Weirs Beach
- 7th Jackpot Winner: Aeetos Trust of North Conway, New Hampshire, Rosemary Centola, Watertown, Massachusetts and Lawrence Centola, Watertown, Massachusetts who won $70 million (Cash Option) on August 30, 2003. Ticket sold at State Line Store in Center Conway
- 8th Jackpot Winner: The Bow Trust of Portland, Maine who won $46 million (Cash Option) on February 4, 2004. Ticket sold at Gary’s Beverage in Portsmouth
- 9th Jackpot Winner: Dale Chellis and Toni Sergott of Lake Zurich, Illinois who won $31.9 million on April 28, 2007. Ticket sold at the Plymouth Liquor Store, Plymouth
- 10th Jackpot Winner: Robin Egg 2016 Nominee Trust who won $341.7 million (Cash Option) on July 30, 2016. Ticket sold at Hannaford Supermarket, Raymond
- 11th Jackpot Winner: Good Karma 2018 Family Trust of Merrimack, NH who won $352 million (cash option) on January 6, 2018. Ticket sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack