Dover, NH Apple Harvest Festival: Parking & Road Restrictions
Several road closures and parking restrictions will be in place for Dover's 37th annual Apple Harvest Day.
The event hosted by the Greater Dover Chamber of Commerce features over 300 vendors, food, live entertainment and typically draws more than 60,000 people into the city.
The Apple Harvest Day 5K Race starts at 8:30 a.m. which starts and finishes on Saint Thomas Street in front of the Dover District Court. Post-race activities will be held at lower Henry Law Park near River Street. The festival starts at 9 a.m.
Motorists should expect delays in the downtown area. Central Avenue through traffic is encouraged to avoid the area if possible.
Road closures for the 5K are:
• Saint Thomas Street, from Chestnut to Belknap streets, 8 to 10 a.m.
• Rutland Street, from Silver Street to Cataract Avenue, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
• Cataract Avenue, from Bellamy Road to Rutland Street, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
• Silver Street, between Belknap and Elm streets, 8:30 to 8:45 a.m.
The closure of Silver Street is expected to be brief to allow race participants to cross Silver Street early in the course. Traffic delays should be expected, however. Additional delays may be expected on Bellamy Road near Cataract Avenue, where traffic is restricted to a single alternating lane while runners are present. The course utilizes a portion of the Dover Community Trail between Fisher and Folsom streets.
The following streets will be closed to all traffic on Saturday from 6 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
• Central Avenue southbound, from Fourth to Washington streets
• First, Second and Third streets, between Chestnut Street and Central Avenue
• Henry Law Avenue, from Washington to Williams streets
• Southbound traffic on Central Avenue will be diverted through the Third Street Lot to Chestnut Street.
Limited parking for the festival will be available in the Orchard Street parking garage, the Library and McConnell Center municipal lot, the Dover Transportation Center lot, and on River Street.
Off-site parking with free shuttle service will be provided between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the former CVS Pharmacy location at 118 Central Ave., at 279 Locust St., and at Liberty Mutual, located at 100 Liberty Way off Sixth Street.
On-street parking restrictions will be in effect overnight on Friday, Oct. 1 and all day on Saturday, Oct. 2 in the following locations:
• Central Avenue, from Third to Washington streets
• Henry Law Avenue, from Washington to George streets
• Third Street, from Chestnut Street to Central Avenue
• Portions of Second Street
• Saint Thomas Street, from Chestnut to Atkinson streets.