A battery in a bike is the likely cause of a fire in a second-story apartment on Route 125 in Plaistow late Monday afternoon.

Plaistow firefighters responded to a 911 call reporting the fire in the building next to The Clam Bar on the southbound side of Route 125 around 4:55 p.m. according to the Plaistow Fire Department. Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from the second floor apartment, with all the residents already outside.

An aggressive attack on the fire helped bring it under control within 10 minutes, containing the damage to one apartment.

The Plaistow Fire Department will leave it to the insurance to determine the origin and cause of the fire.

Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNH

Women's History Month: 25 of the Best Women-Owned Restaurants in New Hampshire

More From Seacoast Current