UPDATE: Eversource’s Transformer Move to Hampton, New Hampshire, Delayed
UPDATE: Due to the weather forecast, the move has been postponed until Monday, January 9.
Delays are likely Thursday as Eversource moves a transformer from Hooksett to Hampton.
It will take all day starting at 9 a.m. to move the 59 ton, 15 foot tall, 37 foot long, 12 foot wide transformer to the Timber Swamp Substation in Hampton, where it will act as a backup if the main one fails or in the event of an emergency.
The truck used to carry the transformer is almost as hefty, as it weighs 110 tons and is 145 feet long.
The route for the move is:
- Departs from Hooksett Rail Siding on Depot Rd in Hooksett
- Continues onto Martins Ferry Rd, NH 27 East, NH 28B South, & Auburn Rd
- Continues onto NH 101 East (from Exit 2 to Exit 11)
- Continues onto Portsmouth Ave, turns onto NH 88 South
- Continues onto NH 27 East and arrives at Timber Swamp Substation
The move is weather dependent. The National Weather Service has a Winter Weather Advisory in effect for all of New Hampshire except the immediate coast, starting at midnight Thursday until noon Friday.
Temperatures will fall belonw freezing, which could create slippery roads.