Fire Damages Newmarket, NH Garage
Fire caused heavy damage to a garage in Newmarket on Wednesday, according to officials at the fire department.
Firefighters were already in the area responding to a fire alarm activation on Amherst Road around 6 p.m. when they noticed heavy smoke coming from a garage on nearby Ithaca Lane, according to officials.
The fire was able to be contained to the garage which is not attached to the single-story house.
A comment on the Rockingham Alert Facebook page said the family that lives in the house is safe.
Diane E. Crowell identified herself on Facebook as a member of the family that lives in the house.
"As a member of the family of the household. Thank you so much for all your efforts and service!" she wrote.
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNH