Threat Blocks Off Portsmouth, NH’s Market Square Saturday Night
A call claiming an explosive device had been left in a trash receptacle in downtown Portsmouth led to the area being blocked off on Saturday night.
Portsmouth Police Sgt. Nick Small told Seacoast Current that the call came to police just before 10 p.m.. The State Police Bomb Squad was notified and after an investigation lasting several hours, it was determined to be a hoax.
"As a precaution, we blocked off areas until that was determined not to be the case," Small said.
The incident remains under investigation.
Manchester Ink Link was the first to report on the incident.